About Me

My photo
Hi there, thank you for stopping by. I am a Canadian Stampin Up demonstrator who loves what she does. I so enjoy being able to share different ideas and techniques to others and seeing the looks on the faces of those that think they will never be able to do it, you all know who you are. I am married to lovely man that just smiles at my stamping addiction, two great kids that I just could not imagine having as a part of my life....not that they are perfect...smile!!!!! I do have a furry little girl too that is just to sweet for words. Now you know a little about me I hope you enjoyed your visit and come back anytime. Happy Stamping!!!!!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Love Birds


Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it is Sunday and oh, do I have some work to do.  So just in case my day slips away on me quicker than I would like here is a card now.

I titled this Love Birds but in all honesty this card was done as a sympathy card.  The couple were soul mates and a couple of love birds, their last name was bird, the lady that passed away was an avid bird watcher and it needed to be special because it was just so sudden ,sad and and it home becasue she was approx the same age as my own mother.

I was completely inspired from a card and box in the Stampin Success magazine a few months ago, ( I will go see if I can find it again to give the name and edit it in when I do) it was there that I especially got the idea of using the scallop edge punch for the roof.   I am always amazed when people look at the punches and see something other than the obvious....example lets take a butterfly punch and make it into a pansy or an ornamante punch and make it to a fish.  I am so not good at the whole thinking out of the box.

Anyways here are the supplies:
STAMPS:None
PAPER:  Bella Bleu DSP, Vanilla, CChip, Mellow Moss,Brocade Blue
INKS: Brocade Blue, CChip,(just for sponging along some edges)
ACCESSORIES: Top Note die, Big Shot Machine, Brocade 5/8 ribbon, Half Pearls,Scallop Edge Punch, Two Step Lg Bird Punch

Hope you liked it!!!!

Happy Stamping
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute Crystal :) So stinkin' cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to honor this couple. The card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really creative and cute! Following you from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and a touching story. I'm now following you from SC.

    http://www.scrapdrawerdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete